Care Quality Commission
Care Qaulity Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England.
CQC make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
Harbury Surgery was inspected on 23 June 2016 and rated GOOD.
Key findings across all the areas CQC inspected were as follow:
- Staff knew how to raise concerns and report incidents and near misses. Team meeting were held at monthly intervals to discuss significant event, complaints and training needs,
- The practice assessed patient needs and delivered care in line with current evidence based guidance.
- Patients said they were able to get an appointment within a reasonable amount of time, and found the GPs good at explaining medicines and treatments.
- Information about services and how to complain was available and easy to understand. Improvements were made to the quality of care as a result of complaints and concerns.
- The practice had good facilities and was well equipped to treat patients and meet their needs.
- The practice had clear leadership structure in place and staff felt supported by management. The practice proactively sought feedback from staf and patients, which it acted on.
- The practice was aware of and complied with the requirements of the duty of candour.
The areas where the provider must make improvements are
- Take action to improve overall security in the management of medicines and prescription stationery.
- Take action to ensure that patients’ privacy and dignity during examinations, investigations and treatments is protected at all times in examination rooms.
- Take action to ensure all clinical discussions are recorded in meeting minutes.
- Identify more carers who are patients and provide them with appropriate support and guidance.
Practice has already actioned on the recomendations and installed the security locks on each consultating room. We have also installed curtains in the examination rooms. Carers registered list is updated.
To read full report please click hereCQC Report